Monday, September 10, 2007

First day at work

So, yesterday was my first day of training. I got up at, what seems to be, my usual 5:30am and bummed around the apartment all morning. A half hour before the train I wanted to take I headed towards the station and got some lunch. I took just a little too long eating and missed the train I really wanted, but luckily I left myself enough time to catch another one before I'd become late. I rolled into Kawasaki and easily found my building and office. A few minutes after I arrived myself and two other trainees got right into orientation.

Since I'm training at my home branch I got to meet many of my coworkers yesterday. They all seem live very nice people from very diverse backgrounds who have been there for various amounts of time.

Mid-way through the day we broke for dinner. I and the other two trainees found a ramen shop in the next building over. The other two had never had real ramen before. In my opinion it was a bit expensive at Y720 (I don't like paying over Y500) but it was tasty and we were all pretty starved by that point.

All in all I think the training went well. I've heard from lots of people that training is heck, but if you can get through it, it's gets a lot easier after that.

After what seems like an eternity after it started, training finally ended and I headed back to the station where the trains were delayed for some unknown reason. Since the platform was so backed up with people, once a train did arrive I ended up waiting for the next one because the first one became too over crowed.

All in all it was a long hard day, but I think it went well. I now need to get ready and head back for round two which will be a little shorter and supposedly a little easier. Thats the news from the front. Until next time:

Jaa Mata Ne!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home