Sunday, September 30, 2007

Vibrating Futon

This morning at 2:21am local time I was awakened by a prolonged shaking of my bed. This was my first earthquake experience since I returned to Japan. According to the Japanese Meteorological Agency (who are in charge of such things) it measured 4.9 on the Richter scale. I felt the shaking, heard the dishes clinking in the sink, and went back to sleep. Luckily, according to news sources, no one was injured and nothing damaged in this moderately strong earthquake.

I'll be off later this afternoon to my last (and half-) day of work before a glorious "three day weekend". I'm thinking of going to Oofuna, Kamakura, and perhaps the aquarium down by Enoshima (which I hear is really cool. I suppose that's all the news from the land of tomorrow.

Jaa Mata Ne.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home